I promise I’ll stop with the cheesy sewing titles… eventually.
So, Friday night I wanted to go to Hancock’s to pick up some spare bobbins and some light thread to start working on a project I’ve been wanting to do for about a year now- make new pillow covers for the throw pillows in the living room. Josh didn’t feel great, but he followed me in to make sure I didn’t buy out the whole store. While I was looking at bobbins, Josh found a tomato pincushion and announced that every sewer (is that a word?) needs one. Then I needed some scissors. And pins. And… we made our way over to the sewing kits and found this little cutie, already stocked with sewing essentials and just waiting to be given a loving home:
It was a bit of an indulgence, but I still had some birthday money and my husband is awesome so we got it!
As soon as we got home, I started on my project. I am so proud of how it turned out!
I got the seam too wide at the bottom so it’s a little shorter than it really should be, which makes the envelope opening in the back kind of bulge a little. I’m going to sew a big cute button on there as soon as I figure out how to make a buttonhole, but it works just fine for now.
I love sewing!!