I found an old, hand-sewn apron a while back at a flea market and have been dying for a long time to use it as a pattern for a new one. I finally got around to sewing it up at the end of the summer, and not long ago finished the hand embroidery.
I have to say that I am extremely proud of and surprised by this apron. It was a lot more difficult to sew than I had planned for, and with the way I sew (no pattern, cutting jagged lines with huge, uneven seam allowances, winging it every step of the way), it’s a miracle that it turned out so well. I really love the ruching at the bust.
The crazy chicken design that I used can be found… well poot, I forgot where I found that and can’t find it again! I just free-handed the swirls. This was my first attempt at hand embroidery and I really, really enjoyed doing it. 🙂